Working with Liz is the best thing I ever did for my voice. She’s improved my approach, stamina and pitch. Her energy is like a huge bear hug for your vocals cords!”
– Eric Hutchinson, His debut album, “Sounds Like This”, reached the top ten selling albums on iTunes in 2007; his second album, “Moving Up, Living Down”, was recently released and his new single was featured on the hit TV show “Grey’s Anatomy.” Other albums include “Pure Fiction” and “Easy Street”
Liz Caplan’s skill with singers as well as actors is unparalleled. What makes me a huge fan and devoted supporter is how she integrates the voice with the full body. She teaches full-body singing in order to wholly realize the vocal potential of her students. She also greatly respects a singer’s individuality and vocal personality, not attempting to create a certain sound, but unleashing the best sound each specific person can create.”
– Michael Arden, FX’s “Anger Management”, THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGIN’, BARE: A POP OPERA, BIG RIVER. Director of Broadway’s SPRING AWAKENING and the upcoming ONCE ON THIS ISLAND revival.
Liz has such incredible intuition about the human voice. Her ability to pin point the problem and communicate a solution is mind-blowing to me… in my 18 years in NY, I have never worked with a teacher who was able to communicate as well as Liz. She has changed the way I sing. To hear it, it is the same voice, but how I produce sound is easier, healthier and more fun!”
– Lauren Kennedy, actor Artistic Director of Hot Summer Nights Theatre Raleigh
For a week, my voice was nowhere to be found. I was battling laryngitis, a croup, and the fatigue of Tony season. I came to Liz Caplan’s studio with nothing but swollen cords and a sick feeling in my stomach, that despite the fact I HAD to go onstage, I would be going on with nothing to give. And then the unimaginable happened. Liz not only saved my voice with a series of exercises I now use every day of my life, but that night, I sang as if nothing had ever been wrong. She isn’t a teacher. She is a Goddess.”
– Josh Gad, Tony Award nominee for THE BOOK OF MORMON, voice of Olaf in Disney’s Frozen
I couldn’t have done eight shows a week on ‘American Idiot’ without what I learned from Liz Caplan. Liz gave us a lot of physical training and warm-ups and things to do to warm up the voice because it goes against all human instinct to sing and shout that much over eight shows a week. Your body starts to shut down at a certain point. And so you have to rely on training and these little tricks and exercises. Liz is amazing. She works with everyone and she definitely saved all of our voices when she came on to ‘American Idiot’.”
– John Gallagher, Jr., JERUSALEM, AMERICAN IDIOT, Tony Award winner for SPRING AWAKENING, RABBIT HOLE
Liz, it was an honor to watch your magic spread across our cast – your contribution to the success of the production cannot be overstated. Soon again, I hope!!!”
– Bill Condon, Director of Disney’s Live action film of “Beauty and the Beast”, “Twilight Saga–Breaking Dawn parts I and II”, director of Broadway’s SIDESHOW
Liz uses her compassionate eyes and ears and hands to immediately zero in on exactly what needs to be done, whether in an emergency or in the long term. She is effective, practical, smart, loving, lighthearted, and continually invested in the success and health of her students. I’m so glad that I chose her to help me work with the actors placed under my care.”
– Deborah Abramson, children’s music director, Matilda; associate music director, Spring Awakening
When I first met Liz, I could tell immediately that she’s someone who ‘gets it.’ Her understanding of technique and the physiology of singing is staggering – but more importantly, she fully grasps and inspires the art of it. She’s magnificent at freeing the voice of blocks and hang-ups without removing the unique qualities of the singer. Not to mention she’s a ton of fun. I can’t recommend her highly enough.”
– Charlie Alterman, Music Director of the 2013 Tony Award Winning Revival of PIPPIN, GODSPELL and NEXT TO NORMAL
Liz Caplan changed my life. Period. She can’t help it, actually. She changes lives on a daily basis… She is a sanctuary from everything that seems difficult or scary in our profession… She is a mentor, a guru, and a healer with a heavy dose of genius.”
– Nicole Parker
CLIENTS: RECORDING ARTISTS
- David ByrneSinger, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer, Artist, Actor, Writer, Music Theorist, and Filmmaker. Founding member of "Talking Heads". Oscar, Grammy, and Golden Globe Winner, inductee to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Recently seen on Broadway in AMERICAN UTOPIA.
- Ben PlattActor, singer, and songwriter. His recent album, "Sing to Me Instead," made it to the US Billboard top 20 chart.
- Chad KingFounding member of the Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter duo, A Great Big World
- Kate NashSinger, Songwriter, Musician and Actress. Many of her studio albums, "Made of Bricks" have reached top 40 in London and the US. She has appeared in many film and TV shows, including Netflix's "GLOW"
- Thomas RhettCountry singer and songwriter. His singles "Die a Happy Man" and "Make Me Wanna" have won Song of the Year, Top Country Song and Top 50 Songs at CMAA and BMI Country Awards. His songs and albums have been nominated twice for Grammy Awards
- HalseyActress, Singer and Songwriter. Her debut studio album, "Badlands" was certified platinum in 2015
- Randy NewmanRenowned Singer, Songwriter & Pianist with many honors including six Grammys, three Emmys, and two Academy Awards
- Sara BareillesGrammy Award winning Singer, Songwriter, Tony nominated Composer for the Broadway musical WAITRESS
- Eric HutchinsonHis debut album, “Sounds Like This”, reached the top ten selling albums on iTunes in 2007; his second album, “Moving Up, Living Down”, was recently released and his new single was featured on the hit TV show “Grey’s Anatomy." Other albums include "Pure Fiction" and "Easy Street"
- AshantiGrammy Award winner for her debut album, “Ashanti”; broke records for having three top ten songs on the Billboards Hot 100 list in the same week; performed in THE WIZ at NY City Center
- Natasha BedingfieldGrammy Award nominee for her 2004 debut album, “Unwritten”; also released “Pocket Full of Sunshine” in 2008 and “Strip Me” in 2010
- James BluntWinner of two MTV Video Music Awards and nominated for five Grammy Awards for his debut album, “Back to Bedlam”; also released “All the Lost Souls” in 2007 and “Some Kind of Trouble” in 2010!
- The DarknessTheir debut album, “Permission to Land”, was certified quadruple platinum in the United Kingdom; also released “One Way Ticket to Hell... And Back” in 2005!
- Johnny RzeznikBest known as the Grammy Award-nominated frontman for the Goo Goo Dolls; they have released nine albums including the triple platinum “Dizzy up the Girl” and “A Boy Named Goo”